The Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today been notified of 4 additional deaths related to COVID-19.
There has been a total of 4,918 COVID-19 related deaths in Ireland.
As of midnight, Thursday 6th May, the HPSC has been notified of 434 confirmed cases of COVID-19 with fewer than 5 cases reported in Clare. There is now a total of 251,904* confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.
Of the cases notified today:
- 221 are men / 212 are women
- 80% are under 45 years of age
- The median age is 31 years old
- 197 in Dublin, 44 in Cork, 34 in Kildare, 20 in Limerick, 20 in Meath and the remaining 119 cases are spread across 16 other counties**.
As of 8am today, 126 COVID-19 patients are hospitalised, of which 34 are in ICU. 15 additional hospitalisations in the past 24 hours.
As of Wednesday 5th May, 1,700,538 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in Ireland:
- 1,233,067 people have received their first dose
- 467,471 people have received their second dose