The Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today been notified of 8 additional deaths related to COVID-19.
Of the deaths notified today 3 occurred in May, 2 occurred in March and 3 occurred in February or earlier.
The median age of those who died was 79 years and the age range was 55 – 97 years.
There has been a total of 4,921* COVID-19 related deaths in Ireland.
As of midnight, Wednesday 5th May, the HPSC has been notified of 393 confirmed cases of COVID-19 including 5 new cases in Clare.
There is now a total of 251,474** confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.
Of the cases notified today:
- 175 are men / 211 are women
- 79% are under 45 years of age
- The median age is 28 years old
- 173 in Dublin, 42 in Cork, 34 in Kildare, 26 in Donegal, 15 in Meath and the remaining 103 cases are spread across 20 other counties***.
As of 8am today, 131 COVID-19 patients are hospitalised, of which 36 are in ICU. 16 additional hospitalisations in the past 24 hours.
As of Tuesday 4th May, 1,655,866 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in Ireland:
1,201,373 people have received their first dose
- 454,493 people have received their second dose