The Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today been notified of 14 additional deaths related to COVID-19.
As of midnight, Friday 9th April, the HPSC has been notified of 455 confirmed cases of COVID-19.
There has been a total of 4,783 COVID-19 related deaths in Ireland.
There has now been a total of 240,643* confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.
Of the cases notified today:
- 212 are men / 237 are women
- 77% are under 45 years of age
- The median age is 30 years old
As of 8am today, 208 COVID-19 patients are hospitalised, of which 52 are in ICU. 11 additional hospitalisations in the past 24 hours.
As of April 7th 2021, 1,018,264 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in Ireland:
- 716,636 people have received their first dose
- 301,628 people have received their second dose