Crews Deal With Fire At Ennis Fast Food Restaurant

Fire crews have dealt with a fire at fast-food restaurant in Ennis this morning.

The alarm was raised shortly after 10.00am at the outlet at Woodquay in the town.

Two units of Ennis fire brigade responded to the incident along with two ambulances and Gardaí.


Fire crews wearing breathing apparatus entered the building and discovered a fire on the ground floor. The fire was quickly brought under control.

The premises suffered fire and smoke damage however no one was injured. Two employees were assessed by National Ambulance Service paramedics but did not require hospitalisation.

When contacted, a spokesman confirmed they hope they reopen later today.

It’s understood the fire was started by an electrical fault.