In the build-up to election 2020, Clare FM is meeting each of the candidates and allowing them a chance to outline to you, the voter, what they will do if elected on February 8th.
Senator Martin Conway is running for Fine Gael.
My Vision for Clare:
A sustainable, vibrant and accessible county for all our citizens with equal opportunities for everyone to gain employment, participate fully in our community and have proper access to healthcare, education, housing and other supports as needed.
My Priorities if elected:
- Sustainable job creation for all parts of the county and the development of Shannon Airport for tourism growth and to develop the Shannon Free Zone.
- Provision of good healthcare with access to local primary & social care facilities with expansion of services at Ennis general hospital.
- Investment in rural villages with incentives to renovate unoccupied buildings and continued investment in sport & community facilities
- Equality of access and provision of facilities for people with disabilities including education, transport and employment.
- Investment in social and affordable housing
- Experience at local and national level in my role as a councillor and Senator
- Life experience living with visual impairment disability.