There are growing calls for Ireland to provide more stringent measures to control the flow of tourists entering the country.
It comes amid reports of American and UK tourists holidaying in parts of the country without isolating for 14-days first.
With Ireland on guard over a potential second wave of COVID-19, there have been persistent concerns over the impact of foreign tourists arriving here.
These concerns have been more acute after this weekend, which saw flights from New York, Chicago, Boston and Dallas among those which have come from the US to Dublin, despite the high number of coronavirus cases in the States.
There have also been anecdotal reports of foreign tourists throughout the country, including in Clare, where some businesses have turned away visitors who hadn’t self-isolated.
One of those is Janet Cavanagh of Kilfenora, the operator of E-Whizz bikes.
She says the rules need to be made more clear before anyone gets on a plane.
Anyone who enters the country is asked to self-isolate for 14 days, but there are suggestions that some visitors are flouting this regulation.
Professor Sam McConkey from the Royal College of Surgeons, says legal penalties may be needed to stop a rise in cases here.
There have been calls for more Government action on the issue.
Social Democrats co-leader Roisin Shorthall:
The Government is expected to meet later this week to discuss travel restrictions, having previously said the ‘green list’ of countries to which travel will be permitted will be published by next Monday.