Additional parking has been brought on stream in Ennis for today’s Hurling championship double header at Cusack park.
19,000 people are descending on the county town, as the minor game kicks of at the county grounds.
The senior players will take to the field at 2 o’clock.
Ennis Gardaí have implemented a major traffic plan and Sergeant Joe Downey has this advice on parking:
Garda Advice Ahead Of Munster Hurling Championship On Sunday
The Clare V Limerick Minor Match gets underway at 12pm and at 2pm the Senior Match gets underway.
This will be a sell out event attracting a crowd of up 19000 spectators. We wish to appeal to all those attending these matches, to be patient and allow sufficient time for your journey. Please obey the instructions of the stewards and Gardai, that will be on duty on the day. When you have arrived at your destination, please face your vehicle in the direction you wish to return, as this will allow easier egress and a more efficient flow of traffic after the match.
Remember access for emergency vehicles must be maintained at all times.
Extra parking spaces will be available on the day, and we would appreciate it if they were used, as traffic restrictions will be in place in and around Cusack Park.
* Please do not park in restricted areas.
* No parking on footpaths or across driveways as it is important that no one gets blocked in due to indiscriminate parking.” No parking” cones will be in place in and around Cusack park and its environs.
* The lower end of Francis St. and Abbey St. will be closed, to allow safe access and egress of pedestrians before, during, and after the match.
* Extra car parking spaces will be available at Clare County Council offices on New Rd.(beside the fire station) and St. Flannan’s school (Limerick Rd.).
* Disabled car parking is available at Clare FM car park on Francis St. and at the car park at the side of the Cloister restaurant on Abbey St.
* Those using the motorway to arrive for the match are encouraged to use all exits to Ennis especially junctions 12,13 and 14 rather than the nearest junction 12 exit coming from the Limerick direction.
* Secure your vehicle before you depart for the match leaving no valuables on display.
* Be aware of your surroundings and mind your property.
* Strict supervision is recommended on young children with such a large crowd expected.
* Spot checks on bags will be carried out .
* Alcohol, airhorns or items deemed unsuitable or dangerous will not be allowed into Cusack Park.